[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]
Subject: Re: precious little press
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> writes:
> / Michael Fitzgerald <mike@wyeast.net> was heard to say:
> | I must say I am surprised that the unification of Relax and Trex has not
> | gotten much press, not even on XMLHack. I can't come up with another XML
> | initiative that is more important in the /schema/ of things, especially as a
> | foil or alternative to XML Schema. Are editors getting late-night,
> | anonymous, threatening phone calls to quash the news? %^} Or perhaps we need
> | to do a bit more arm waving.
>
> I've been slightly surprised too. I think perhaps the official choice
> of a new name might be an appropriate occasion on which the editors
> could send another announcement to xml-dev.
If we do xml-dev announcement, maybe it'd also help to include some
specific language like:
If you're an author or editor currently working on an XML-related book
or article, especially if it includes discussion XML schema languages,
contact the TREX technical committee <trex-comment@lists.oasis-open.org>
for up-to-date information and clarification of
* details on the TREX/RELAX unification
* the relationship of the unified TREX/RELAX XML schema language
to the W3C XML schema offering
* plans for making the unified TREX/RELAX XML schema language an
international standard
* existing and planned tools/implementations
And I guess we ought to be pestering anybody we know personally who's
got an XML-related book in the works to try to include a reference to
TREX/RELAX (RELAX NG, if that's what's been decided)-- if it's
appropriate for the particular book, of course.
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]
Powered by eList eXpress LLC