xacml — archive
[Date Prev]
| [Thread Prev]
| [Thread Next]
| [Date Next]
— [Date Index]
| [Thread Index]
| [Month Index]
| [List Home]
Re: [xacml] xpath-expression datatype
MHonArc v2.5.0b2 -->xacml message
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: Re: [xacml] xpath-expression datatype
- From: Polar Humenn <[email protected]>
- To: Seth Proctor <[email protected]>
- Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 12:28:20 -0400 (EDT)
I appologize, I think I just glossed over the subject line. just saw the word "expression", of which I thought you were referring to the base type of all our expressions. Opps.! On Thu, 26 Aug 2004, Seth Proctor wrote: > > On Thu, 2004-08-26 at 10:53, Polar Humenn wrote: > > It is a "base type", and therefore you will not see it in anything. > > What? Because string, integer, or boolean is a basetype, do I also not > see them in anything? No. I see them in functions. I see them in > normative behavior. I see many justifications for why they exist in the > specification. > > > > I think it will cause a great deal of confusion to have a datatype that > > > goes unused. > > > > Why are you confused? The fact that every time you use a specific > > construct, i.e. <Apply>, <AttributeValue>, etc. you are using > > <ExpressionType>, just because you don't see it on paper? It is a function > > of the compiler, not of the user. > > I think you should go back and read my original email again. I'm not > talking about the Expression element. I'm fine with that. I'm talking > about a new datatype called xpath-expression. > > > > In fact, we have three functions that use XPath > > > expressions, but they define their parameters in terms of strings, which > > > I think will further confuse people. > > > > Where did this come from? Now we are talking about the arguments to > > expressions. XPath expressions are not in the type system of the XACML > > language. They are an element of XPATH, and defined there. We can only > > have them as strings, unless, you want to bring all of XPATH into XACML. > > Again, please re-read my previous email. I think you'll find that we're > in agreement on this point. > > > seth >
- Follow-Ups:
- Re: [xacml] xpath-expression datatype
- From: Seth Proctor <[email protected]>
- Re: [xacml] xpath-expression datatype
- References:
- xpath-expression datatype
- From: Seth Proctor <[email protected]>
- Re: [xacml] xpath-expression datatype
- From: Polar Humenn <[email protected]>
- Re: [xacml] xpath-expression datatype
- From: Seth Proctor <[email protected]>
- xpath-expression datatype
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
[Date Prev]
| [Thread Prev]
| [Thread Next]
| [Date Next]
— [Date Index]
| [Thread Index]
| [Month Index]
| [List Home]