OASIS Open Mailing List Archives  ·  All Lists  ·  xacml  ·  2004-08

xacml — archive

[Date Prev]  |  [Thread Prev]  |  [Thread Next]  |  [Date Next]   —  [Date Index]  |  [Thread Index]  |  [Month Index]  |  [List Home]

RE: [xacml] xpath-expression datatype


 MHonArc v2.5.0b2 -->

























xacml message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]


Subject: RE: [xacml] xpath-expression datatype



On Fri, 2004-08-27 at 10:17, Anne Anderson wrote:
> [...comments about xpath-expression...]

I think we all agreed that there should be stronger typing, but we also
agreed that we shouldn't be trying to make significant changes like this
at the last minute. I would strongly vote against making any changes to
functions or datatypes at this point in the process. I do believe that
people compose XPath expressions (I've seen examples of this in user's
policies) dynamically, and they cannot do this with the xpath-expression
datatype. I do not believe that the lack of type safety here is actually
affecting anyone right now. Once we start talking about how to change
this, there will be a cascade effect of other changes.

My vote is to table this discussion.


seth



[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]



[Date Prev]  |  [Thread Prev]  |  [Thread Next]  |  [Date Next]   —  [Date Index]  |  [Thread Index]  |  [Month Index]  |  [List Home]