So all pending issues as of Dec 1st
(after the call that day) and getting the WD to the TC by the next call on the
8th. That sounds good to me. I would suggest we should keep it open
for our own review until the 7th.
I’ll commit now to making sure I
update the issue list on the 1st after the call. I can probably get
some cycles to review the draft to check that the changes have been applied
from the pending queue if the doc is available Monday or early Tuesday. I’ll
be able to do a closer editorial review of it after the WD goes to the TC, but
not during that week.
From: Gilbert Pilz
[mailto:]
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2005
8:36 PM
To: Marc Goodner;
Subject: RE: [ws-rx-editors]
Publishing wsrm-1.1-spec-wd-06
I moved wd-05 to a different folder
("Closed Editors Drafts" or some such) in the interests of keeping
our main folder clean and making it easier for people to find the right
document to work on. Kavi sends out notices that give no indication that the
document has simply been moved.
+1 to one working draft the week before
the F2F. The problem is we have to define a cut-off point for the changes that
will go into that WD. That cut-off point has to allow us enough time to make
and (what takes even more time) to review those changes. Umit has suggested Dec
1st. Does anybody have any objections to that date?
We can discuss what to do after the F2F at the
F2F.
- g
From: Marc
Goodner [mailto:]
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2005
4:22 PM
To: Gilbert Pilz;
Subject: RE: [ws-rx-editors]
Publishing wsrm-1.1-spec-wd-06
I’m confused on this in relation to
the auto notice we go earlier about the pending changes applied to wd-05. Also,
why are those applied as wd-05 instead of as a new document with a ed status or
at least a incremented revision number?
I’ll take a look at this as well if
a pdf is available in advance. Don’t worry about it after 6 as I’ve
got a meeting until 9 at that point.
Do we have any plans on when working
drafts will be made available to the TC other than this immediate reordering?
There aren’t a whole lot of weeks left before the F2F. I’m
wondering if it makes sense to just shoot for one WD say the week before the
F2F and task someone in the TC to review the pending change list and report
back at the F2F.
After the F2F is the plan to roll up all
remaining pending changes and produce a WD to put on the ballot for the 2nd
CD? The original schedule called for the 2nd CD in December, is that
still realistic or are we out to January since the F2F is so close to the
holidays?
From: Gilbert Pilz
[mailto:]
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2005
2:04 PM
To:
Subject: [ws-rx-editors]
Publishing wsrm-1.1-spec-wd-06
At the last F2F we agreed that we would do the following:
1.) publish the CD
2.) re-order the sub-sections per Doug's suggestion
3.) re-publish the new WD
Nobody said anything about making any other changes in step
(3). In the spirit of following the directions of the TC I think we should
publish wsrm-1.1-spec-wd06 (warts and all) and address the various editorial
flaws in wd-07.
The link to wd-06 is: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx-editors/download.php/15194/wsrm-1.1-spec-wd-06.sxw.
Doug has already looked this over and approved it. If I don't hear any
objections to doing so, I will publish this link (along with the diffs from
cd-01) to the main TC page some time late tonight.
- g